Mamahood Styled



12/11/2011

Christmas Spirit

I feel like I'm going through the motions of Christmas without feeling much of anything. I have no idea why but I seem to have misplaced my Christmas spirit. Sad...I think it may have to do with this being my first year not going home to L.A. for the holidays. G and I always figure out a way to split our Christmas between both families, despite the fact that they are a state away. Christmas for me, is one the 24th, whereas for him, it's on the 25th. I can't imagine cooking, dancing, having so much fun without my small family. Midnight won't be the same... :/ If we had children it'd be easier to make our own little traditions BUT as we always do, we'll try and make the best of everything.

For now, I am searching for my spirit. One of the ways I like doing this is by giving back. Volunteering is one of the best things I can do. This weekend was the Help Portrait event, in which families get to get their hair and make up done and get a free portrait by a professional photographer. Seeing all these families come into the Boys and Girls Club to take (for a lot of them), their very first family portrait was beyond incredible. I, personally, had our first family portrait taken at our wedding early this year! When we were raising our teenage sister, we always made sure to take her to serve food during the holidays. The first time she was annoyed that we had to wake up so early and stand in the cold to help, but by the end of the day, she was asking for our next event. When I was growong up, we often didn't have money for gifts so we would be on the opposite side of charity events. I want to spend my life giving back as much as possible. I wish I could just invite all my family, friends and their kids to volunteer to give back. How amazing would that be?!

I haven't done any Christmas shopping this year, probably part of my missing spirit...  I always go all out at Christmas and absolutely loooove giving gifts! I get so much satisfaction from finding or making the perfect gift from me to a loved one! Geoff always tells me I go overboard and never likes when I keep giving when it's not reciprocated. But seriously, who cares?! If you give to receive, are you really giving with generous and true intentions? Not in my opinion...anyway! I'm digressing! Lol!

Speaking of gifts, I want to make some awesome crafts from Pinterest! I have a Secret Santa at work and can't wait to make her gifts! But I have to get started on it tonight and I didn't find anything at the store earlier so now I'm left to creativity at home!

This is our first year together with a real xmas tree! Of course, it's all gold, rose gold, and copper lol! We topped it sith Geoff's gold maneki neko instead of a star this year. Maybe once our lights are on outside and I get some gifts under the tree it'll feel more like Xmas? Or maybe, and better yet, once I experience the true meaning of this season...:)

20111211-180333.jpg
Top of our Christmas tree with G's Maneki Neko atop; G's parents gave us a new ornament for our first Xmas as a married couple! <3


20111211-180440.jpg

My ivory/cream booties! Wish the tops weren't so wide!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks