Mamahood Styled



4/24/2013

Month One

Dear Oliver D Cruz,
I love you a bushel and a peck,                                                                      
 A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck,
A hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap,
A barrel and a heap and I'm talkin' in my sleep,
About you, about you.
'Cause I love you a bushel and a peck
You bet your pretty neck I do
I love you a bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck though you make my heart a wreck
Make my heart a wreck and you make my life a mess
Make my life a mess, yes a mess of happiness
About you, about you
'Cause I love you a bushel and a peck
You bet your pretty neck I do

Months 0-1 in review:

-you can already lift your head up
-you have been smiling since Day 1. People saw it's gas but we swear you react to us.
-you can follow objects with your eyes and follow sounds, as well.
-none of your Newborn clothes fit
-Preemies don't either, though because you're long! ;)
-you were circumsized at one week old and your umbilical cord fell off during it!
-you had a lip and tongue tie clipped at 3 weeks.
-this meant that you had your first road trip to San Diego
-your second road trip was to Tucson to hear that Daddy was officially in remission from his second bout with ugly Cancer.
-you can grasp our fingers! As in, we wave our finger at you, and you reach up, try a couple of times, and actually grasp it!
-you can scoot up while on tummy time, about 2-3 feet!
-your eyes are blue/gray!
-your birth weight was 6 lbs. 5 oz.
-at your one week check up you were at 6 lbs. 3 oz- which is great!
-at week 2, you were at 6 lbs. 11 oz.
You had your first bath around this time!
-at week 3, you were over 7 lbs! You had an ultrasound at this time to check on your kidneys!
-Mommy struggled a lot with breastfeeding you! You had a tongue and lip tie, a high palatte, and your neck/jaw were a little out of alignment.
-you like to caress your own head while feeding, and you usually love to stick your middle finger out- as in, flipping me off. Thanks, Kid.
-we took you to a massage therapist to get a sacral cranial massage and later a chiropractor.
-you peed on your own face- sorry little dude!
-you definitely have Mommy's nose and lips! You have Daddy's hairline! Your hair naturally grows into a little mohawk.
-you are definitely the best dressed baby ever!


Months 0-1 according to my camera roll:










No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks