Mamahood Styled



11/26/2010

Spicy & Sweet [Sweet] Potatoes


For Thanksgiving this year, I had all the veggie side dishes, since well, turning vegetarian doesn't deem me the best turkey cook! I wanted to use all the veggies I had readily available and one was sweet potatoes. I don't like mushy sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top so I did some research and modified what I found to suit our tastes and the spices I can tell go well together. Here's what I came up with. & just to vouch for their amazingness, Geoff's dad despises sweet potatoes- he had seconds and even asked the recipe! Weee, here's to you, Poppa!



Ingredients



  • Enough sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed, to fill your baking sheet.

  • 3 tablespoons olive oil

  • 2 tablespoons of packed brown sugar

  • 1 tablespoons paprika

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder

  • 2-3 cloves of minced garlic

  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon

  • 1 pinch cayenne pepper



You can add more/less depending on your taste!

Directions



  1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F

  2. Place the sweet potato chunks into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle the brown sugar, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon and cayenne pepper over them. Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated with the seasoning. They should look dark and seasoned now. Spread onto a baking sheet.

  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then turn the potatoes over with a spatula, and continue baking until the sweet potatoes are golden and tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.


1 comment:

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks