Mamahood Styled



3/31/2014

Cauliflower Pineapple Fried 'Rice'

I wish I could remember where I originally found this recipe- definitely a Pinterest find from a couple years ago! It is super versatile and each time I make it, I change the ingredients and my carb if choice! It is one of my favorite entertaining meals because the presentation is awesome! Anytime you can make food-in-food, it is a definite hit! Think mini apple pies in apples!


Details in the yum!


Ingredients:

-diced red onion (or scallions)
-diced red bell pepper
-garlic
-broccoli slaw
-shredded carrots
-shrimp (or whatever protein you prefer)
-whole pineapple
-rice or cauliflower or quinoa
-Bragg's liquid aminos or low sodium soy sauce
-whatever seasonings you prefer
-2 eggs

                             

1. Cut your pineapple in half lengthwise and scoop out all of the pineapple so you have the shell as bowls! Chop up the pineapple fruit! Depending on how round your pineapple base is, you may have to even it out so it sits evenly, by cutting a flat tiny base on the bottom.
*at this time, either cook your rice or quinoa or 'rice' your cauliflower. To 'rice' it, you just put it in your food processor until it looks like rice! Same as you would do with a cauliflower crust pizza.
2. Chop and sauté your onion, bell pepper and garlic.
3. Add your shrimp or protein and cook on medium until almost cooked through. Season as desired. We season with no-salt added seasonings or dried herbs. My favorite is something spicy like cayenne or paprika.
4. Add your broccoli slaw and shredded carrots- add as much or little as you want- or choose whatever veggies you have on hand- I had these and since they're already shredded, I went this route!
5. Drain it all! You are about to add your carb and you don't want it to get too soggy!
6. If you are doing the cauliflower, add it to your hot wok or pan and season it as you wish- I did garlic, sea salt and pepper. Pan fry it for a few minutes, then add your drained protein and veggies.
7. Scramble two eggs and add to the rest! Now add your soy sauce (we use Bragg's) to taste!
8. Garnish with cilantro and serve in your pineapple bowls!
* I usually season the shrimp with spicy spices but since Oliver was eating it too, I added Sambal Sauce to mine!

Hope I didn't miss a step and you enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks