Mamahood Styled



1/12/2012

Whirlwind

It's no surprise that when it rains, it pours. This week has been a whirlwind of celebrations, sorrows, and just plain ol' craziness.

Sunday night welcomed our new, beautiful and healthy nephew! Love him! <3

Monday brought my first day back to work. It was also our sister's first day of college. So exciting and so proud of her!

Tuesday brought counseling sessions for my students. My favorite part of my job, is when my students seek me for this. Just listening to them and acting as an unbiased sounding board is an amazing privilege. Ever since I could remember, I have always said I was put on this Earth to listen. I love, love listening and being there for others.

Wednesday brought extreme exhaustion from the last three nights of limited sleep. We perfected and finalized important paperwork, too. Big check off G's list!

Thursday brought extremely sad news from the family side. My heart goes out to my family and I wish more than ever that I could be there with them. I'm still trying to figure out if I should go home this weekend.

& there's still tomorrow, Friday. I wonder what it will bring. An accreditor comes to my job tomorrow so it will be a pretty big deal. Eeek.

Praying for all my loved ones and hoping for the best.

I made a super yummy dinner tonight! Super healthy and super delicious! I wish more people realized how delicious healthy food can be! It can have such a bad rep! I am SO hungry all the time! Last weekend I made SO many healthy snacks- now they're all gone! I was super tempted to buy a bag of Spicy Doritos at Albertson's today. But I opted not to. I take super healthy breakfasts and lunches to work everyday and cook pretty healthy dinners at home. I work out pretty hard and by now I would think that I'd be super thin and muscular. I don't get it! But I have been training a couple of my girlfriends and they have been seeing results. That makes me feel so happy for them and somewhat accomplished even though they are the ones putting in the actual hard work. <3

Tonight's dinner:




[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="614" caption="Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry served over Quinoa"]20120112-203531.jpg[/caption]

1 comment:

  1. J!! I love reading your posts!! Im sorry to hear about your family's bad news, whatever it may be, I will keep you in my thoughts. Congrats on becoming an aunt!! My sister is due in May, I am going to be an auntie, so excited! I wish I lived near you so you could train me!! We should meet up one day in the near future........ :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks