Mamahood Styled



10/10/2010

Corn on the Cob Quickstyle!

Happy 10.10.10 @ 10:10pm!


Congrats to JSpa & Flo for their new baby boy, Oliver who was born today! & our great friend Kyle & Alex who got engaged! LOVE is in the air, homies! <3


So here's a quick & easy recipe to store for whenever you need it!


I've developed a new love for fresh corn on the cob! So I've tested out SO many different ways to cook it quickly and efficiently! My go-to over the last month or two has been to cheat by using the microwave. Which may have been common sense to most of you, but I had no clue- until my friend [Rainey] told me she sometimes used the microwave! So I tested out a few different methods and voila! Fresh corn on the cob in approximately 3 minutes! How's that for quick and easy? Growing up in East L.A., it was part of my everyday culture to stop at any given corner on Whittier Blvd. & buy corn on the cob from the street vendors. I loved getting it slathered with mayo, cotija cheese, melted butter, powdered chile and some lime! Wooowee! Soooo yum! Although that recipe is still a comfort food that takes me back, I wanted to do a different version with what I had readily available in my refrigerator. I also have begun cooking an ear of corn and taking the corn off the cob, instead of buying a can- so much fresher and very convenient when it comes in my co-op basket!




Ingredients



  • 2 ears of corn

  • 2 tablespoons of veganaise or mayonnaise

  • 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper

  • a few crumbles of your preferred cheese- I used feta because it's what I had on hand




Directions


1. Place fresh corn on the cob on a dampened paper towel in your microwave for 3-4 minutes. [Add a minute for more cobs, i.e. 3-4 cobs=5-6 minutes, & so on]! Do not remove the husks or silk. The corn will cook in its own moisture. Turn ears over & rotate them after 1.5-2 minutes! When the timer goes off, and the ears are hot, wrap them in a paper towel so they continue to steam for about 5 minutes.



About to be cooked!


2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together your veganaise or mayonnaise with the cayenne pepper in a small bowl. You may want to omit the cayenne if you don't enjoy heat or add less! [As I've said before, it's one of my go-to spices]!

3. Remove the husks and silk (you can use a paper towel to help remove the silk- & trust me, it is super fast the more practice you get. Some people have advised to do it before as well- your preference!)

4. Spread cobs evenly with your mix and sprinkle with cheese crumbles.


ENJOY the sweet perfection!


FYI: Geoff did NOT like corn at all- especially on the cob and now he devours these! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks